This is something I actually started over at http://blindsideblitz.com in my blog there a few weeks ago, and I just have a feeling that all two (or less) of you that read this might enjoy it too…anyway, read on.
After watching the movie “High Fidelity” again a few nights ago, I decided to reread the book…and still love it. Since I know everyone in some form or another still does them, I’m throwing out my own for discussion. Agree, disagree, fine by me. Here are some of the lists I’ve come up with so far…
If a movie were made about me, these are the Top Five Songs I’d want the movie to open with:
1. Average White Band – Pick Up the Pieces: It really doesn’t get much better than this. Opening credits with this song rolling in the background? Too damn cool.
2. Foo Fighters – Cold Day in the Sun: This would just be fitting.
3. Fatboy Slim – Right Here, Right Now: For a song like this, the movie would have to be a little bit more action packed…maybe more of an ER in the early years kind of thing.
4. KT Tunstall – Hopeless: Upbeat, but also fitting…maybe.
5. John Mayer – My Stupid Mouth: The movie could play out like one of those Hugh Grant romantic comedies with this one.
up next, here’s a list that I was sure that phenom would jump all over…WAS sure. 😉
Top 5 songs I’d want played if I were an MLB player coming up to bat list.
1. Dave Matthews Band – The Best of What’s Around: Because the pitcher, fans, and everyone else need to know that I’m parking the ball in the rightfield seats when I step up to the plate.
2. Tomoyasu Hotei – Battle Without Honor and Humanity: Because I think any player of Asian descent has to have this song played at least once.
3. Chevelle – An Evening With El Diablo: Song is awesome.
4. Notorious B.I.G. – Hypnotize: Great beat.
5. Tool – Jambi: Just because it’d be cool to hear Tool at a ballpark just once.
More lists to come…as I come up with them. The only problem is I’ll think of a topic, fire off a top 5…and then never write it down and forget about it all together. I need to work on that.